Research suggests a link between happiness and immune strength, everything else being equal.
“I’m pretty sure that laughter is not the best medicine. Nonetheless, the research consistently shows that happiness has impressive medical benefits. And these benefits include improvements to the immune system.”
So while jokes alone won’t do the trick, having a positive attitude while practicing social distancing and proper hygiene during the pandemic increases the odds of staying healthy.
With that in mind, don’t worry about the small stuff and stay strong mentally and physically, when life hands you these lemons.
- You have to try on a pair of sunglasses with that stupid little plastic thing in the middle of them.
- The person behind you in the supermarket runs their shopping cart into the back of your ankle.
- The elevator stops on every floor and nobody gets on.
- There’s always a car on your tail when you’re slowing down to find an address/ road.
- You open a can of soup and the lid falls in.
- It’s bad enough that you step in dog poo, but you don’t realize it till you walk across your living room rug.
- The tiny red string on the Band-Aid wrapper never works for you.
- There’s a dog in the neighborhood that barks at everything.
- You can never put anything back in a box the way it came.
- You drink from a cola (or other soft drink) can into which someone has extinguished a cigarette.
- You slice your tongue licking an envelope.
- A radio station comes in clearly when you’re standing near the radio but buzzes, drifts and spits every time you move away.
- There are always one or two ice cubes that won’t pop out of the tray.
- You wash a garment with a tissue in the pocket and your entire laundry comes out covered with lint.
- The car behind you blasts its horn because you let a pedestrian finish crossing.
- A piece of foil sweet wrapper makes electrical contact with your filling (or braces).
Ahumorsite is supported by its audience. If you make a purchase through an advertisement on this site we may receive a commission at no cost to you.