Tag: advice

  • Story of the Bull and the Turkey

    A turkey was complaining to the bull:” I would love to be able to get to the top of that tree,” sighed the turkey, “but I haven’t got the energy.” “Well, why don’t you nibble on some of my droppings?” replied the bull. “They’re packed with nutrients.” The turkey pecked at a lump of dung […]

  • Ten Rules of Bureaucracy

    Preserve thyself. It is easier to fix the blame than to fix the problem. A penny saved is an oversight. Information deteriorates upward. The first 90% of the task takes 10% of the time; the last 10% takes the other 90%. Experience is what you get just after you need it. For any given large, […]

  • Pregnancy Questions Answered

    Answers To 10 Common Pregnancy Questions Q: Should I have a baby after 35? A: No, 35 children is enough. Q: I’m two months pregnant now. When will my baby move? A: With any luck, right after he finishes college. Q: What is the most reliable method to determine a baby’s sex? A:Childbirth. Q: My […]

  • Practical Advice

    1. Never give yourself a haircut after three margaritas. 2. You need only two tools. WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn’t move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn’t, use the tape. 3. The five most essential words for a healthy, vital relationship are: “I apologize” and “You are right.” 4. […]

  • Physical Exercise Alternatives

    Physical exercise is good for you. I know that I should do it daily, but my body doesn’t want me to do too much, so I have worked out this program of 25 strenuous activities that do not require physical exercise. You are invited to use my program without charge. Beating around the bush Jumping […]

  • Serenity Solution

    If you seek the Serenity Solution Look for it through the eyes of another If you can start the day without caffeine or pep pills, If you can be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains, If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles, If you can eat the same food everyday and be […]