Little-known facts about how Barbie was born
Can you score a perfect 10?
1. Who is the person credited in designing Barbie dolls along with help from engineer Jack Ryan?
- Cathy Herman
- Ruth Handler
- Rose McRyan
2. Who was the company that originally made the Barbie dolls?
3. The creator had an idea for an adult-figured doll. Her husband did not like the idea. However, on a trip to Germany in 1956, she discovered an adult figured doll. What was the doll’s name?
- Bild Lilli
- Silke Knaak
- Lilli Marlene
4. Barbie debuts at the American International Toy Fair in New York. What was the date?
- March 9, 1958
- March 9, 1959
- March 9, 1960
5. The first Barbie doll wore a black and white zebra striped swimsuit and signature topknot ponytail, and was available as in several hair colors. What is NOT a hair color?
6. The first Barbie dolls were manufactured in what country?
7. Barbie was one of the first toys to have a marketing strategy based extensively on one media advertising, which has been copied widely by other toys. What is the media?
8. What is Barbie’s full name?
- Barbara Ann Handler
- Barbara Millicent Roberts
- Barbara Jean Martin
9. Barbie bought the rights to the German doll and the production stopped. What year was the purchase?
10. According to the maker, how many Barbies are sold a second?
- 3 per second
- 6 per second
- 9 per second