The censors could not stop these comments before they went live on national sports telecasts with surprising results.
- Weightlifting commentator: “This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing.”
- Dressage commentator: “This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother.”
- Paul Hamm, Gymnast: “I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.”
- Boxing Analyst: “Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious.”
- Softball announcer: “If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again.”
- Basketball analyst: “He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn’t like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces.”
- At the rowing medal ceremony: “Ah, isn’t that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew.”
- Soccer commentator: “Julian Dicks is everywhere. It’s like they’ve got eleven Dicks on the field.”
- Tennis commentator: “One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them… Oh my God, what have I just said?”
Golfer: “Think I’m going to drown myself in the lake.”
Caddy: “Think you can keep your head down that long?”
Golfer: “I’d move heaven and earth to break 100 on this course.”
Caddy: “Try heaven, you’ve already moved most of the earth.”
Golfer: “Do you think my game is improving?”
Caddy: “Yes sir, you miss the ball much closer now.”
Golfer: “Do you think I can get there with a 5 iron?”
Golfer: “You’ve got to be the worst caddy in the world.”
Caddy: “I don’t think so sir. That would be too much of a coincidence.”
Golfer: “Please stop checking your watch all the time. It’s too much of a distraction.”
Caddy: “It’s not a watch – it’s a compass.”
Golfer: “How do you like my game?”
Caddy: “Very good sir, but personally, I prefer golf.”
Golfer: “Do you think it’s a sin to play on Sunday?”
Caddy: “The way you play, sir, it’s a sin on any day.”
Golfer: “This is the worst course I’ve ever played on.”
Caddy: “This isn’t the golf course. We left that an hour ago.”
Golfer: “That can’t be my ball, it’s too old.”
Caddy: “It’s been a long time since we teed off, sir.”
One fine day, Jim and Bob are out golfing.
Jim slices his ball deep into a wooded ravine.
He grabs his 8-iron and proceeds down the embankment into the ravine in search of his lost ball.
The brush is quite thick, but Jim searches diligently and suddenly he spots something shiny.
As he gets closer, he realizes that the shiny object is in fact an 8-iron in the hands of a skeleton lying near an old golf ball.
Jim excitedly calls out to his golfing partner: “Hey Bob, come here, I got trouble down here.”
Bob comes running over to the edge of the ravine and calls out: “What’s the matter Jim?”
Jim shouts back in a nervous voice: “Throw me my 7 iron! You can’t get out of here with an 8 iron.”